Thursday, August 13, 2009

A View Of Our Backyard



As you can see, we really lucked out with the location of our apartment. I love opening the blinds and seeing a park everyday. I actually took this picture when we got here but it's just as green because of all the rain we've been getting. A lot of flooding has occurred in Louisville and has affected the main campus here which luckily is a couple miles from the Health Science buildings where Keith attends classes.
The thunderstorms here are crazy! I think I tremble with as much awe as I do fear when one comes rolling through. The lightening is bright enough to light our darkened apartment for several seconds at a time and the thunder has managed to rumble the ground beneath us and cause our windows to shake. Can't wait until tornado season...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is a perfect location! I love it! And Little M will love it too :) and yeah, those intense thinderstorms SCARE me too!!

Joy said...

Wow, that looks really nice! Can't wait to come and visit.

Mark and Jenny and Lizzy said...

THunderstorms are crazy here too! Kenzie is so adorable! How is Keith liking school? How are YOU liking Louisville? :) Miss you guys!

Amber said...

I'm not going to lie we had some scary tornado sightings when I lived there but the thunderstorms are awesome!

Anna said...

I love love love big thunderstorms. Especially when there is lightning. What an exciting new adventure you are on. How are things going?