Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Utah: The first couple of days...

I anticipated the plane ride to be hard but it turns out that it was one of the easiest parts of my whole trip! Our friends let us borrow their portable DVD player which was really nice and helped occupy Kenzie on our 
2 1/2 hour flight from KY to Denver. Our layover in Denver was just a couple of hours but Mackenzie sure made it seem longer! She kept me busy not listening to me, running around like a wild child, running up stairs we didn't need to go up and throwing herself on the floor. I think it was so much harder because I was 8 months pregnant, carrying 3 bags, and she's much faster than me. The flight from Denver to Provo went well and we were excited to meet Keith's sister Katie and her husband Brandon at the airport.
Poor Brandon tried so hard to get Mackenzie on his good side but she just wasn't having it with all of the new people around. The next day she let Katie blow bubbles with her outside.
Keith's family came over for dessert Sunday night and upon my request, Brandon took Mackenzie kicking and screaming away from me and held her hostage outside with the family so that I could get a bit of a break from her and so she would interact with the family. It took a little while but she finally warmed up a bit and had fun. 

Grandma brought the parachute and the girls had a blast playing. Sophie and Kenzie are just 4 months apart but have very different personalities. They had a good time, though Eva and Mackenzie seemed to get along the best as the week went on.
Cousins (and a neighbor) blowing bubbles

Sophie and Kenz eating their pudding

It had been a year since I'd seen Serena. It's amazing how much babies develop and grow in that year, what a cute girl!

Keith's mom took me and Joy's family to the museum of Church history and art in downtown Salt Lake where they have a lot of beautiful paintings and artifacts. The kids had fun in these beds which were supposed to be like the bunks on the ships that came to America.

John Borrowman is a relative of Keith's

Upstairs in the museum was an area for kids. They had this magnet board so the kids could create quilt patterns.

They also had dress up clothes for both boys and girls to put on so they could dance

I thought this cradle was adorable, I want one!

The cousins in front of the Salt Lake Temple.

0 comments: