Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The honesty of children

One thing I love about little kids is their brutal honesty. For example, every time I have a zit or a freckle out of place, my little niece Kate will inform me :) What I didn't realize until today is that little kids don't need to be able to speak to express how they really feel about you. This morning Mackenzie was playing on the ground and I decided to lie down and join her. As soon as I started to talk to her, she babbled a little and started closing her eyes. The next thing I know, she's asleep. I like to think I have a soothing effect on people but I think my little Mackenzie was faking it to get me to go away. In fact I see the little sneak of a smile on her face right now as she slowly opens her eyes to see if the coast is clear...

1 comments:

Matt and Kristine said...

My niece Sabrina once looked at my sister as she pointed to her teeth and simply said, "Green." My sister went to the mirror to see what she meant, and sure enough she had lettuce between her two front teeth. Sabrina was 2 years old at the time. So funny.