Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good samaritans and butterfingers

Today I was waddling my way up a hill on campus towards my car when I saw a construction worker pull into a parking spot right next to the sidewalk where I was passing. I noticed him because he pulled into a spot I knew was specifically designated for workers, he had a hard hat on and because his long locks and mussy stash were a little foreign to my Rexburg eyes. I continued on my way and becamea little alarmed as I heard brisk steps behind me. The next thing I knew I found myself walking in stride with this big burley man. He asked "what happened to your belly?" "It just keeps expanding on me." With that he laughed and handed me a package of peanut M&M's and turned around to meet up with a fellow worker. I could not keep the smile off of my face I was so overwhelmed with the kindness he had showed me. Such a simple act truly made my day and motivated me to reach out to others in such small and simple ways. I've noticed this happening much more often with my pregnancy and am grateful for all who have helped in any way. It truly makes the pregnancy more bearable (let's face it, this last month is not fun) when you constantly hear kind words, witness sincere smiles of sympathy and love and have unkown strangers reach out a helping hand.

Today also marked the third day in a row of my breaking a glass item. Tuesday, I broke a picture frame which was not too upsetting because I didn't really like it. Wednesday however, I dropped a jar of jelly in the fridge and shattered, and I mean shattered, the glass crisper cover in the fridge. Keith was sweet enough to spend an hour cleaning up the mess. This morning was probably the most upsetting. I was loading the dishwasher and got a little too aggressive. I ended up breaking my favorite glass pitcher that Keith and I received as a wedding gift. So moral of the story, do not allow me into your kitchen (where all three incidences occured) and do not let me touch anything glass.

4 comments:

Nycole said...

I need more belly pictures! I can't believe you are going to have a baby the next time we see you! Let me know if you need anything!

The Lovinger's said...

That is so nice. I have seen those construction workers too and I would not have expected that. Just shows you to not judge I guess. If you guys need ANYTHING let us know! We love to help!

Felicia said...

Oh Natalie . . . just try to visualize my smile of sympathy. I am sure you are the cutest pregnant gal ever. I miss you guys! Cregg talked to Keith and we will get together over the holidays sometime with you two and Scott and Amber. AND SEE YOUR ADORABLE BABY. Love you guys!

Curtis & Ashley said...

What a cool story!! And sorry about all the glass breaking..I wish I had an excuse for breaking stuff, but no, I'm not pregant..I just don't get along with glass stuff! I can't believe you're down to less than a month...so close!