Here's the pregnancy update: she's not coming! At least that's what it feels like at this point. In just 2 weeks my belly has stretched 8 inches! I didn't think I could get any more stretch marks and boy was I wrong. Every day my clothes get tighter and my back and stomach ache a little more. At my 39 week appointment last week, the Doc gave it to me straight. The baby is very high (which I've heard a lot this last month) and dropping does not seem to be in her plans. Here's why: I haven't made any improvement for a month now (my cervix is not effacing and dilation not occurring), the baby is posterior meaning she's facing the wrong way which makes it hard for her to drop and if anyone has experienced "back labor" it's most likely because the baby was posterior, and the doctor thinks I have bony protuberance blocking the path. So what does this all mean for Keith and I? A likely c-section on Monday. I wanted to avoid an induction but after pushing off dental interviews for so long in hopes the baby would come early or on time, Keith scheduled 3 interviews and will be gone from the 7th through the 12th. Since it's our first and my emotions are running extremely high, I absolutely want Keith there for the delivery. So the doctor and I decided to go ahead and schedule an induction for Monday the 3rd in hopes that some good changes occur this week. Please pray for us and the delivery of a healthy baby!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Poor Nat!! That's not the kind of news you wanna hear! I don't blame you at all for wanting Keith there! I hope all goes well with the delivery..I'm very excited for you guys!
Oh you poor thing. I can promise you one thing: the back pains and uncomfortably tightly stretched belly instantly goes away once that baby is out! It is instant relief but, then of course there are all the pains of labor, delivery or possible c-section. I am sure everything will turn out great but, we will for sure be praying for you guys. Good luck with everything! We can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!
You will be great! Everything will go well. We are praying for you guys! What time are you going in on monday?
That's so frustrating. We'll pray for you guys!!
oh poor thing... so wait you are getting a c-section or being induced???
We're thinking of you and praying for you. We're excited for you to meet her soon though. Good luck!
I hope you can get some rest in before Monday! We'll see you soon.
Post a Comment