Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter 2012


 We started Easter off with an egg hunt put on by our apartments on Saturday morning. Keith was at school doing his thing so I took the girls out and we had a fun time. Kenzie was hesitant (crying, panicking) at first but once I showed her the candy in the eggs, she was all for it.

These are just a few of the kids in our ward in the complex. It's so fun to have a lot of playmates for Kenzie and great mom friends for me.

Kenz, Lily and Sawyer.
By the way, you like Kenzie's outfit? She totally dresses herself about 98% of the time

Clara didn't mind hanging out in the grass

 
 Easter morning, The girls were happy to find baskets with a few goodies. The day before, we went to the Stucki's house to dye Easter eggs. I had just decided to cook an Easter lunch for Sunday and invited them over to share it with us. Best idea ever! I made the ham and Sarah made all of the sides. It was so yummy and relaxing but kind of made us sleepy for Church.

Church was wonderful. I think I'm the most grateful for my religion and beliefs on important days like Christmas and Easter. The Holidays are fun to celebrate, but the message they carry always turns hearts to the Savior and what's really important in this life.

A first year wife, Brynn, put together an Easter egg hunt and Mexican confetti egg fight? It was really fun and I want to make confetti eggs next year.



No family photo for us on Easter. I didn't have anything new to wear, Kenzie wouldn't wear her Easterish dress, and Keith changed immediately so I just didn't bother. 

0 comments: