Monday, May 23, 2011

Tickled Pink

 I've wanted to paint Mackenzie's room since we moved in but I never managed to talk Keith into it. When we found out we were having another girl, Keith gave me the green light to paint. I seriously spent hours at Lowe's and on-line trying to pick a color and using virtual painting. Keith was so good to spend our date night last week picking out a pink color with me. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Our old neighbors the Mirsky's bought a condo recently and so they had all of the equipment to paint and let us borrow it.So Saturday after I finished hitting the yard sales, we got to work. Kenzie was amazingly good and stayed out in the living room playing and watching Curious George the whole time. I forgot to take a before but this was on the last wall right before our paint ran out and I had to run out and buy another quart.

And after:
I want to paint the changing table (thank you Grubbs!) but I love the jewelry holder from Neha and the little lamp I scored for a couple bucks this weekend.
I made that butterfly chandelier from a tutorial Adrienne posted when we first moved here and painted those letters and made the hanging poms a couple years ago in Rexburg. The rag quilt on her bed I meant to post but never did. I used another tutorial Adrienne found to make it using the layer cake 'It's a Hoot' by MoMo
 And here's the little angel sleeping on the couch while we painted. I'm so excited to have two girls!

4 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

Sisters are the best. The color is beautiful. what color did you choose?

Richard and Carlie said...

Love the paint! It looks so cute! I bet Kenz loves it! Wish I could see it in person!

rachel said...

so cute! i wish we could paint. love all the decor too.

Shandie said...

That color looks great! It really does take forever to find the color you want. You'll love having two girls, I love it!