With the end of Keith's 2nd year of school, he had another break which was much needed and appreciated! We had wanted to go to St. Louis but with our car having continual issues, funds ran out and we ended up having a fun time hanging out in our hometown.
These next few pictures were before our trip to Bernheim Forest. I can finally pull this little girls hair back in a ponytail. I can't get over how grown up she is starting to look.
We met up with friends at Bernheim Forest which is always beautiful. This particular day was a little too hot with temperatures hitting the 90's and bad humidity but we had fun and Kenz enjoyed running around.
Keith spent some quality time with Kenzie in the visitor's center building with the quirky nature objects while I tried to cool off and calm my contractions down. I am so not fun to take anywhere anymore. Every time we walk, I get painful, cramping contractions and if we go uphill I have to majorly slow down and stop to breathe every few minutes. The doctor said it's normal and I was worried about it for awhile but I'm getting used to it. So much for those work out plans though!
The only bad part about the break was saying goodbye to our good friends the Birds. They've been here the past couple of years we have and are moving on to Oregon. We had a little going away party at our apt. the night they left and I'm so mad I didn't get pictures. We'll miss them a lot and I know Mackenzie will miss their little girl Brynlie.Brynlie came over to play while her parents packed and the girls spent a lot of time zipped up in Kenzie's tent with their babies.
For the rest of break, we spent time enjoying the sunshine outside and spent Saturday night at a baseball game with some friends. It was a lot of fun and something we want to do a few more times this season.After a full week of leisure, Keith and I got the bug to start some projects we've been intending to do. First up, painting our kitchen table, and recovering the chairs. Here it is sanded down. We need to do a finishing coat and then I need to borrow a staple gun to put the fabric on the chairs. I'm majorly nesting and have about 5 projects I got for free or bought cheap at yard sales this weekend to work on so maybe I'll be good about taking before and after pics. No promises though!


0 comments:
Post a Comment