 |
| 21 wks. |
 |
| 22 wks. |
Who knew it would be so hard to find out the gender of our baby? We went in for a 20 week appointment on the 18th. I had a feeling the day before that we were not going to be know the gender and as a precaution, took orange juice and drank it right before. The feeling proved to be justified as we went in and immediately saw the baby's legs crossed and curled up. After a good 20 minutes, the ultrasound tech let me empty my bladder then come back. Baby still hadn't moved and wasn't cooperating for pictures in general. It seemed my uterus was split in two parts, one part filled with a curled up, sleeping, thumb sucking baby and the other side with most of the amniotic fluid. She let me go to my doctor's appointment then come back again. I jumped up and down, layed on my stomach to no avail, the baby was in the same stubborn position 10 minutes later. The tech was so nice and I think she was just as frustrated because she said she only gets babies this stubborn about every 2 months, and even then she can normally give a 80% prediction. She overrode the doctor and set up my appointment for the next week instead of the next month.
We went in on the morning of the 27th and the moment that wand was on my stomach, we had a leg shot and I said "It's a girl." The tech said, "I think you're right..." and kept prodding until she could determine it 100%. I was a little surprised because I've felt this whole pregnancy it was a boy but I knew if I could choose, I would choose a girl so I was really excited.
We also confirmed that the baby is in my back which is the reason for my smaller belly (don't be fooled, I've gained PLENTY of weight) and the reason for my back pain. I had pain last time but not shooting nerve pain like this. Also, baby has measured for Sep. 3rd the last 3 ultrasounds so that's the date I'm sticking to. Hooray for a healthy baby!!! I would endure any amount of pain for this pregnancy.
11 comments:
Cute belly! I would think about getting pregnant again if I looked as cute as you. Hope she gets out of your back so you can get some relief!
YAY for two little girls! Now you get to run out and buy matching outfits!!!
YAY!! how exciting. i wanted to tell you when i saw you last how cute you looked but it was crazy that day! but you look DARLING!!!
Wow, you are teenie tiny! Like about 8 weeks I would say. :-) So sorry about the back pain, shooting nerves are so miserable. I think Kenzie will really like having a sister to play with, and now you don't need to spend a fortune on a dental students budget to get all new boy baby things. lol Sure excited for you guys. Every kid needs a sibling.
PS: I went private with the blog, still meaning to send you and your sisters an invite. I think I'll call your mom for your emails. Miss you guys. We're coming to Utah in June. Going to see you??? hint hint. :-)
Yay for girls! That is so fun that kenzie will have a little sister close to her to play with. Your belly really is tiny, but that back pain does not sound fun. We are so excited to see you this summer!
congrats that is so exciting I'm glad you got to finally find out. That will be so fun to have to girls they will be best friends. Good luck. you look great!
oh they will be best friends!! how fun! congrats!
YAY!!! Kenzie will have a best friend for LIFE!! Girl you look SOOOOO tiny!!!! Wow!!! You look amazing! Kenzie is just getting more and more beautiful every time I check out your blog! I miss my "kindred spirit"!!!! I wish we lived there w you guys!! lol. It is flipping gorgeous! MISS YOU GUYS!
YAY!!! Kenzie will have a best friend for LIFE!! Girl you look SOOOOO tiny!!!! Wow!!! You look amazing! Kenzie is just getting more and more beautiful every time I check out your blog! I miss my "kindred spirit"!!!! I wish we lived there w you guys!! lol. It is flipping gorgeous! MISS YOU GUYS!
You are so cute. How fun for Mackenzie to have a little sister! I can't wait to see this new, little girl! Hope you are feeling well.
Post a Comment