Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break

The rest of Spring break turned out to be pretty relaxing.

We slept in and Keith enjoyed making up for lost time with Mackenzie

On Thursday, we went to Cincinnati. Keith was a good sport and took me to the Gap outlet first. This is the cheapest outlet because a lot of the merchandise has broken zippers or little defects that are usually really easy to fix. I only spent an hour and a half there and we came out with clothes for the three of us all for the price of a pair of jeans I took back to the Gap a month ago.


Driving into Cinci
At the outlet, we had the luck of running into a sweet woman in the ward who gave us her passes to the Newport Aquarium. We've heard a lot about this aquarium the past couple of years and were really excited to get a chance to go. It definitely lived up to the hype and was most enjoyable because we could go on a weekday when it wasn't busy.
I don't know what I would do if I encountered these guys in the ocean:
Their faces made me laugh in this photo:
The jellyfish were so beautiful! I don't have any good shots because the room was dark but there were several tanks of different kinds of jellyfish swimming to classical music.
The shark tunnel was the highlight. We spent a lot of time watching them swim and imagining we were underwater with them.

After the tunnel, we were able to pet some of the sharks. They weren't as smooth as I thought they would be.
Right outside the aquarium:

This isn't related to break but for documentation I thought I would include a belly shot. I have 3 total with Mackenzie and I hate that I didn't take more. My belly is completely different this time around. I'm 17 weeks now and I feel so good that if it weren't for my voracious appetite, afternoon fatigue, and little kicks, I would forget I'm pregnant. Hooray for actually enjoying my second trimester this time!

For comparison, here's my belly at 13 weeks with Mackenzie

2 comments:

Randy said...

love the little dolls in the new bed! And the frog jockey! Thanks for keeping us hooked up with our granddaughter. Glad you three had such a nice break. xoxo gpa and gma shaw

Richard and Carlie said...

You look so fabulous! Love the pics at the aquarium and you and Kenz cooking!!