Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just Another Day In Paradise

I wanted to post a little bit of every day life because I definitely don't do it enough and I know these are the memories I'll cherish when our kids are older.

Monday marked the first day Spring Break for Keith. We decided a couple weeks ago to take a little road trip to St. Louis where Keith served his mission and the last minute decided against it because our car is having issues.

We started the day off lazily sleeping in then went to Costco. When we got home, we had to make room in our freezer for food and Keith found a can of Orange Juice so I thought Kenz could help me make some Orange Julius. I asked her not to touch the buttons but she's a defiant two year old and the second my back was turned and the lid was off the blender, she pushed a button and that frothy goodness went everywhere. The picture doesn't quite do it justice and I should have gotten Mackenzie in it because she had it all over her. I'll admit I had to stop my flaring temper so I could take a step back and laugh at the situation then document it.

Keith immediately threw her in the bath and he got a little too caught up playing angry birds and didn't really catch the cues she needed to go to the bathroom. Not once in her life had Mackenzie pooped in the tub before and I was just happy I didn't have to clean it out. (Pic taken a few weeks ago)

Did I mention she skipped her nap so she was a little on the cranky side the rest of the day? I took off before bedtime to watch the Bachelor with some friends and I couldn't help but think while I was away how crazy the day had been and yet, I was so grateful for it. Keith's first day of "break" might not have been much of one but we truly love this phase of our lives and our (mostly) sweet girl.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh, the joys of parenthood. Glad to hear that she's keeping you on your toes. :) You look amazing in your preggo pictures below. I can't wait to find out what you're having! Kenz is as cute as ever.

Matt and Kristine said...

She looks so angelic. :-) Reminds me of my brother. We have shots of him sleeping all over the place. I love how she covered herself with the blanket. I think the first day of break sounds perfect!!! I know I always think of Matt's breaks as a break for me more than a break for him. Selfish I know, but he is a HUGE help with the kids. I feel like I am getting the break. So to you Natalie, Happy Spring Break! May Keith send you off for many more nights with friends and fun. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I love stories like these! The minute you say don't, they automatically think you said DO. Haha. I am glad you documented this :)

And your baby bump is SO FREAKING CUTE! I am seriously so excited for you to find out what it is.