Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

The weather has been amazing this week! Yesterday we had a high of 77 degrees and today it's supposed to hit 82. I'm thinking we definitely need to fix the AC in our car. I feel like everyone's throwing parties now that the weather's been warming up because we've been out and about the past few weekends getting to know more of our ward members and meeting more people in our complex.

One party in particular we played Rockband where I had the opportunity to sing "If You Wanna Be my Lover" by Spice Girls. As I sang, I was transported back into my 10 year old body to Stephanie Johnson's house where we recorded our scantily dressed selves singing this song. Let's just say I knew every word and rocked it almost to the point of embarrassing myself. The host now calls me Posh every time I see him.

Anyways, We started a babysitting swap with a few couples in our ward so we now have a few hours on Fridays to go on dates, it has been SO nice!!

For our last date, we went to Chick-Fil-A. It was my first time and I have to say that I was impressed. We came back to our apartment after eating and played tennis for the first time in a LONG time. Seriously, I played when I was 4 or 5 months pregnant and threw out my back so I didn't pick up a racket again until the spring after Kenzie was born. That spring we only played once or twice with (our amazing friends) John and Meagan (please move out here!) while our babes were content for a few precious minutes in their strollers.

If we had played a real game, Keith would have killed me. His serves are pretty amazing. I started out pretty shaky but eventually I was outrunning and outhitting Keith. I was also incredibly sore the next day as my arms and glutes were not used to the exercise.

Enough of my rambling, here's the pictures:
This one has Spring written all over it


We've been taking advantage of the playground a lot lately. Keith and I have a lot of fun trying to be kids again going down the fireman's pole (I'll spare you pictures of us):
"Look Mom, no hands"
And doing the monkey bars:
I have video of me crossing the monkey bars and I will save myself the embarrassment by not posting it. I did manage to go back and forth while Keith didn't quite make it across :)Mackenzie begs to go outside at least a few times every day. She runs to the door, pounds on it and jiggles the handle. She's quite the runner once she breaks free. Luckily, after skinning her knees numerous times, she's learning to slow her pace on the sidewalk.

The pigtails really deserve a post of their own. It's taken her a long time to grow that cute hair and a long time for me to buck up and let her scream for the 30 seconds it takes me to put the rubber bands in.
I have to end on this one because it makes me smile every time I look at it. This girl is incredible! A friend asked me the other day, "Is she always happy?"Yes, she really is

5 comments:

Matt and Kristine said...

Yeah for warm weather! So glad you guys are getting outside. And tennis? you are awesome! I played tennis once on a date a BYU-Idaho and embarrased myself SO bad. I am more of a volleyball/run the treadmill girl. lol How fun to get some time to play again. She does always look so happy, so loves her Mommy and Daddy you can tell. Way to be a good Mom and play with her all day! Happy Spring.

Kirk L. Shaw said...

Kenzie is so adorable!! I wish we would finally get spring weather. It's been snowing yesterday and today.

Meagan said...

Oh, tennis, How I miss you! Those were the times, weren't they? :) We miss you guys so much. You are so lucky to be having such warm weather!!! It's cold and rainy here. Yup, pretty sure I woke up to a little bit of snow on the cars this morning. Babysitting swap? Awesome. It's so nice to have just couple time once in a while. I wouldn't know, but I'm glad you do. ;) Kenz is one of the happiest babies. I wish she and Kaylee could play this summer. Oh, wouldn't they have a blast?! MISS YOU.

janel said...

I would just like to add that the monkey bars are incredibly hard when you are all grown up, my upper body strength is nothing compared to the amount of body I know have to not only hold off the ground but swing will reaching for a new bar!

Randy said...

Hey Natalie,

Those are about the most imaginary pigtails I have ever seen, but aren't they the cutest!!! I must say Keith may have my serve, it's pretty deadly, hah! And about the only time I connect with the ball! After winter comes the SPRING, can't wait to see you, and tell me more about those sooo brown heart shaped brownies! Do they have nuts in them?? xoxo Joan with Randy's acct. Love from both of us!