Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had such a great Easter weekend. On Saturday morning, we joined the missionaries and a family investigating our Church at our friends house where he made us Orange chicken for lunch. We then trekked over to our apartment to watch General Conference on our computer. It was interesting to watch the first session at 12 PM instead of 10 AM. Keith and I spent the afternoon together in peace as Kenzie napped then made a Costco run before Keith left for the Priesthood session that started at 8 PM.

Sunday morning, I made buttermilk pancakes with Buttermilk syrup. Growing up, my mom always made a good breakfast and we had Sunday brunch with the Thompson's so I felt compelled to put together something nicer than cold cereal.

We had a small egg hunt with Mackenzie then watched the morning session of conference at home as a family which was really nice. I'm so grateful for technology that lets us watch conference live all the way across the country. Right after that session, we had brunch at a friends house. We ran home to put the ham in the oven and were off again to another family's house to watch the afternoon session of conference on an actual TV screen. As always, the talks were uplifting and filled with the Spirit. I especially loved the talks on motherhood. I feel extremely lucky to be a mother to such a sweet little girl!

Last minute, Keith and I decided to put together an Easter dinner. We had ham, rolls, mashed potatoes, salad, and cake from Costco. We had just a few people over which was more than our little table could accommodate so we ended up eating on the living room floor where we had sprawled out our huge picnic blanket. I was feeling pretty homesick that day after talking with Keith's family the night before, but I felt so much better that day surrounded by good friends, good food, and the Spirit of Easter. It's such a beautiful holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know that he lives and that we all have that hope to live again because of Him.

4 comments:

Matt and Kristine said...

How wonderful to be surrounded by so many friends. You do a great job organzing all your social engagements. Matt and I loved the Easter we spent with your family in IF. No wonder you were homesick. I loved how your mom had candy everywhere! Yum!

Richard and Carlie said...

Thanks for keeping Rich company all weekend! I totally missed out!!

Meagan said...

HAPPY EASTER!

Anna said...

Happy Easter guys! Natalie, I haven't talked to you in so long I don't even know where you are living these days. That is very sad...So i just wanted to say hello and let you know your little girl is beautiful!!