Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Red Nails

Look at that face, pretty innocent huh? Not so much. If you look close (and can look past the gross cracker crumbs) you will see traces of RED nail polish. This little girl managed to find my red nail polish purchased around 2002 for Girls Camp that for one reason or another I've held onto.
After finding it, she proceeded to open it (curse her ability to unscrew lids now) and happily parked her cute rump 2 feet away from me while my visiting teachers were over and proceeded to paint away at her hands, her stomach, shirt and pants. If only I could have captured her hands before the incident. It took 2 of us and a quarter of a bottle of nail polish remover to clean it up.
You might be thinking to yourself, "How did she manage to paint for so long with her mom and two other moms within 5 feet of her and not have any of them notice despite the strong fumes?"
I believe Amber was telling her story about the guy breaking into her 2nd bedroom at night and crawling up to her bed. True story, and it's why we pay extra to live where we do.
Now for some cute pics from Sunday I couldn't resist blogging:

I should also note that she's at a stage where "yes" is her favorite word. Incredible- I'm not counting on it lasting long though. Also, Katie Lambert is to be credited with the cute clothes. She has the cutest daughter who also owns the cutest wardrobe that she selflessly shared with Mackenzie.

6 comments:

Devanie said...

What a Naughty little CUTIE! I could see how you'd be distracted- what happened to you friend is my worst nightmare!!! I love Mackenzies little pink coat, too- such a mini little cutie pie!

Kam and Jodie said...

So Cute!

Matt and Kristine said...

I tried to paint Anna's nails, she didn't buy it. What a scary story from your visiting teacher, I am glad you guys are safe, even if you have to pay more-so worth it! That navy dress is adorable, I think I saw it or one similiar at Old Navy. So fun to dress up for Sunday! She looks so happy and beautiful. She is such a fun combo of both of you.

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

What a great story. I wish we could have captured YOUR face when you saw her.

Melly Mae said...

it looks like she is about as busy as b!!! what a fun age huh!!! i just wish we lived cllloossseerrr so we could let them get into all sorts of trouble together! miss you girl :( hope to see you soon.

Amber said...

I love the fingernail polish story! It is very ironic that we didn't respond to the smell much sooner! Thanks for listening so intently to my horrifying break-in story. Its wonderful to have a captivated audience.
And your little model is adorable! She was giving me the biggest smiles yesterday at church. So cute!