This past week, I decided to step up to the plate and play like a good LDS wife who does it all. On top of my usual baby duty which isn't really duty considering how much fun it really is right now, I cooked, cleaned, crafted, and dressed myself up (meaning I put on make-up) all to establish the facade that I learned something from my supermom of a mom who does it all. It was exhausting and exhilarating at the same time.
First up, my cheap wreath which actually looks pretty cute in real life. After I finished making it, Keith asked "Where did you steal that idea from?" To which I replied (just a tad defensively) "I made it up! I saw the cute berries and had the metal hoop and ribbon and so I threw it together." In all sincerity Keith replied, "No really where did you get the idea?"
This creepy critter was found by another craft project in the works.
These snicker surprise cookies were a hit with the missionaries a couple weeks ago so I dressed them up a bit and took them to our scout spaghetti dinner auction. Talk about high rollers in the ward, several trifles and desserts went for over $100. Along with the other students in the ward, Keith and I went home dessertless because nothing came even close to our limit. It was a fun night though.
This was an afternoon project that I really enjoyed! I made my own pumpkin puree for Kenzie to eat and to use in a pumpkin pie. 

My mom always roasted the seeds from our pumpkins. I chose to cook mine the fast method in a saucepan with a little olive oil, water and plenty of Lawry's seasoning salt- yum!
I was pleasantly surprised with my pie crust. My recipe only required shortening, flour, salt and a little water. It came out flaky and golden brown. I filled it with my pumpkin puree, some seasonings and sugar and I must say, it was the best pumpkin pie I have ever had! Here's the link to the recipe I used (originally from allrecipes.com) http://browergirlrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/10/mrs-siggs-fresh-pumpkin-pie.html
All of the cute fall decor in the neighborhood and the seasonal dishes I have been making have made me nostalgic for Thanksgiving at home. This year will be my first Thanksgiving away from family and I'm sure it won't be the same. We can't wait to go home in a couple months!
Keith is doing amazing! He continually scores high grades on all of his exams. He's gone about 12 hours of the day but when he's home with us, we're able to spend time together. Oral B visited the school last week and he scored their newest electrical toothbrush and a goody bag:


For those of you who read through this whole boring post (or skimmed the pictures), here's a little sneak peek of her Halloween photo shoot courtesy of JCPenny's and the free on-line pics I obtained for waiting an extra hour or two.


7 comments:
Oh, those fall pics of Kenz are SO cute!! I love them. I love that Keith wouldn't believe that you came up with the idea for the wreath. haha. Too funny. Kenz looks so big. I can't wait to see her and Kay together again...I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining. SO excited for you to come visit!
I love Mackenzie's Halloween picture outfit!!! I think I need some tights like that! Super cute! Tell Keith to keep up the good work and make sure he appreciates all your awesome homemaking skills! Good Job!
Super cute wreath! I can't believe cookies were going for $100. . . that's unreal. I agree with Kassi do they make the tight and skirts in big girl size!
Holy cow! You took domesticity and craftiness to the next level! How fun! the pumpkin pie sounds delish and I can't wait to see Kenzie's photos!!
I am seriously impressed. I bet Kirk would love it if I'd do a little more homemaking now and again. He's always "complimenting" me on how simply our house is decorated. Ha!
not these halloween pics are SOOOO cute. i love them! you are so domesticated! lol. you go girl. don't act like you aren't awesome. we all know you are! you are beautiful without the make up so who needs it! you are creative and an amazing mommy! miss you guys!!!
mellissa brody and curtis
Those pictures of Mackenzie are to die for adorable! She is so beautiful and those pictures are amazing. She's getting so big!
Post a Comment