Monday, September 14, 2009

Spit Shower

I've mentioned the thunderstorms here and how scary they can be and now I finally feel my fears are validated. Last Sunday night I was awakened by some pretty intense thunder. Like any other thunderstorm in the middle of the night, I woke up in complete panic thinking our apartment was being bombed/raided/taken over by extra terrestrials/whatever my imagination concocts in the moment.
Anyways, I grabbed Keith and started shaking him and spewing nonsense about how we were in danger and then when he shook me off and told me to calm down, I laid back down and shook like a leaf trying to wait for the storm to pass.
And then CRACK!!! Keith and I both shot out of bed knowing the storm was definitely too close for comfort. I wanted to run in and comfort Mackenzie who I thought for sure would be up and screaming but instead was sound asleep.
Turns out a few apartments a couple buildings over were struck including some people in our ward! Luckily nothing too serious but there were some holes to be patched and electronics to be replaced. We felt lucky to have not been hit because we're pretty sure our little surge protector wouldn't have matched up to a direct hit.
This video was taken the next morning as the storm rolled on. As you might be able to see, Keith enjoyed a spit shower of his own from our ray of sunshine.


*If you haven't noticed before, we have quite the spazzy/hyperactive child:)

3 comments:

Nycole said...

Kenzie is getting so big! She is such a cute girl! Her personality is so adorable!

Meagan said...

I LOVE thunderstorms. They are SO much better out East. :) Kenz is so funny in this video, what dynamic personalities our little girls have!

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

Your little girl is hilarious!