Sunday, May 3, 2009

6 Months

Our baby girl is 6 months old today and what an amazing 6 months it's been! I've been pretty bad at keeping up with her milestones so here's what she's been up to:

*She has two teeth (her bottom 2) and she's ready for a couple more to come through.
*She can sit independently, though she still takes an occasional head dive
*She rolls over in both directions
*She sleeps about 9 hours straight
*She loves rice cereal and oatmeal and hates her veggies!
*She has more than doubled her birth weight but is still a pretty petite girl. It seems she has the Shaw genes- long and lean the lucky girl
*She is an avid hand, thumb, finger, and toe sucker and after a rough weekend without the binky, she'll no longer take it
*Nor will she take the bottle which means we are attached every few hours which is a time I've come to look forward to
*She is getting pretty vocal which means lots of laughing, screaming, whining (she sounds like a puppy-it's pretty pathetic) and our favorite- she started saying "baba" all of the time and I'm pretty sure "mama" just slipped out of her mouth, yes I am the favored one.
*She is army crawling which means we have to be pretty careful about what we put on the ground. She is most passionate about paper which also means that she has eaten her fair share of scraps when she beats us to it. She also got her first paper cut the other day, streaking my book with blood which made me feel pretty bad and I now try to ban her from paper.
*She mouths everything she gets her hands on
*She passes objects from hand to hand
*She LOVES little kids, especially her cousins and will giggle easier for them than for anyone.

We are currently in Vegas where Keith is selling Pest Control so if you're in the area give us a call, we'd love to hang out. This is Keith's 4th (and hopefully last) year selling so he knows the area pretty well. We're lucky to be in Summerlin which is a pretty nice area and we're about a 5 minute walk from the library which is pretty ideal for me. And to prove again that global heating is SO not happening, Vegas has been in the 70's and 80's which is cooler than normal and feels AMAZING to our poor white Idaho skin. I'm glad we're getting a chance to adjust a bit to the sun before it becomes blazing hot.
I'll try to post some pics next month when we're home, I don't have internet access at our apartment and am able to type this because Nycole and Scott were nice enough to invite us over for dinner. We love you all and will hopefully get a chance to see a lot of you in the next couple of months before we leave for Kentucky!

3 comments:

Melly Mae said...

GIRL!!! I DON'T HAVE THE NUMBER YOU CALLED ME FROM! We have to hang out. LIKE TOMORROW!!!!! I can't wait to see you and I don't know how much time I have w you!!! How long are you hear for? We had to move in with some fam so it has been crazy since you called and I can't seem to find the number. SO CALL ME!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited to see you.

PS BRODY WANTS TO MEET HIS GF :)

Brenda K. said...

Hey you, sorry i didn't get back to your facebook message. Wish you were still here too. We just moved to our new place, lots more space, love it. But no friends to walk with :( So I want to make Mackenzie some crochet shoes since the whole crochet learning thing didn't work out so well. Let me know what colors. I'll send you a pic of some i finished if you want, but i need your email addy. Anyhoo, hope things are fabulous and sunny in alas vegas!

Sam said...

It goes by fast! Miss you. How is it going down there?