I've realized that I prefer to stalk blogs instead of updating my own. Every day is pretty much the same though: Mackenzie wakes up around 6 (it was 5 before the time change-yuck!) and eats. Usually she lets me put her back down and I unsuccessfully try to sleep while Keith's alarm proceeds to go off every 5 minutes for a good half hour. We're usually up around 7 and the rest of the day is filled with Mackenzie's eating, playing and sleeping while I try to squeeze in a few chapters from a book.
I finally feel as if my life is pretty normal but more fulfilled than it was pre-Mackenzie. I actually enjoy nursing her now and love to take her on walks. The 40 degree weather here lately feels like heaven and I'm so grateful for the chance to venture out of our little apartment and introduce Mackenzie to the outside world.
On the 7th, we went to my great grandma Wixom's funeral. Pauline Owens Wixom was born in August 1911! She was one tough woman who was orphaned at 14 and a convert to the LDS church. I remember her strong will and I only have fond memories of her. One in particular sticks out of her eating watermelon at my Grandma Pearson's house. Everyone was getting on her case to stop eating the watermelon because she was a diabetic. She proclaimed that if she was going to die, she was going to die happy eating what she wanted. If you're interested in reading her obituary click here.
Keith had a couple basketball games this past week with the ward team. He usually plays Saturday mornings at our church building but hasn't been able to lately with all of his weekend tests. He was glad to get back on the court and they won both of their games and they are now in the playoffs.On the 14th, we went to the Idaho Falls school district 91's production of Grease. David is currently playing Danny in the play and did a fabulous job! The play was really well done and we had a lot of fun watching it.
You think my family might not like having their pictures taken?


2 comments:
That's great that you are reading so much!! Someday when I have time to read, I will have to remember your recommendations!
I love looking at other people's blogs too. I am excited that I found yours! I pretty much just blog about Lexi, there really isn't much else going on in my life.
Post a Comment