Sunday, November 9, 2008

"All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good" D&C 122:7

Seeing as how it's Sunday and I'm here at home with Mackenzie instead of at church, I thought I would just express my love for Heavenly Father and the blessings he has granted unto me. This week has been the best and the worst. I have never felt so much pain and I also have never felt so much happiness. Before Mackenzie, I didn't realized how special life is and how great the love a parent has for a child. I was so selfish and prideful. Pregnancy was difficult and so was the labor, breastfeeding, waking up in the middle of the night...but a couple nights ago it hit me; I need these trials to make me appreciate my sweet little girl and my incredible husband and to understand the sacrifice of a parent. Keith and I didn't get much time alone as a married couple and for most of it, I was pregnant. I was not a very happy pregnant woman and yet Keith put up with me and loved me through and through. During the labor, he was the most amazing supportive coach I could have ever asked for. My love for him has increased tremendously and I'm so grateful he will be my partner for this life and for all eternity. I don't know why the Lord felt I was worthy enough to bless me with such a beautiful family but I'm so grateful for them. Mackenzie has brought the Spirit into my life in a way I have never felt before. I know that God lives and I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that there is a Father in Heaven who loves us all tremendously and wants each and every one of us to return to him. I know that he listens to our prayers. I know the Savior suffered for all of our pain, sickness, and sin. I am eternally grateful to him and hope that I might live up to the expectations he has for me.
I heard again a talk given this last LDS General Conference and highly recommend it to those who are struggling. It's by Elder Quentin L. Cook and is titled "Hope Ya Know, We Had a Hard Time." You can click the link and it will take you to it.

8 comments:

Meagan said...

Love this entry Nat, you made me tear up! Let me know what I can do for you. You are an amazing person! I'm so happy for you and your new family. Are you in IF while Keith is gone?

Curtis & Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Nat..it's simply beautiful! I hope you are getting some sleep and recovering well from the difficult labor. I'm excited to see more pictures when you have time (ha!) :)

Katie Shaw Merritt said...

Nat-
You are so strong! I appreciate you sharing your testimony, it's a strength to us all. You are an amazing woman and I am thrilled to have you be apart of our family. Take care and I hope you are recovering quickly. Don't worry...this too shall pass and you will get a good 8 hours here shortly.. :) We love you!

Katie Shaw Merritt said...

Okay- So I meant a good 8 hrs of SLEEP- left that part out. Enjoy what you can now though- such a fun bonding time for you and MacKenzie!

Jess said...

It will get easier I promise. It definitely takes some adjusting. Aidan was a good sleeper but we found out he had acid reflux so breast feeding didn't work. Do whatever is best for the both of you & let Keith help with the cooking & cleaning. Sleep when she sleeps too, this will help! Thanks for your testimony! I enjoyed it! And having a child definitley brings you closer to your eternal partner & its amazing how much you love & appreciate your family!

Melissa said...

Natalie! This is Melissa Phelps from your parenting class last semester, I stumbled across your blog and can't believe what a beautiful baby girl you have!!! We had our little boy on August 19th and let me tell you, it DOES get easier! Those first couple weeks are hard with breastfeeding and everything, but it only gets easier. Hang in there and enjoy your little one, they grow so fast!

Melly Mae said...

HEY LOVE!!! Your little girl is beautiful! She totally looks like you and Keith. Honey I am so sorry you had such a rough delivery. I'm so READY to get that part done! I am 36 weeks and SO hoping that the little boy comes early. I have been trying to get ahold of you but I am sure you are totally TOTALLY tied up for the next while. Give me a call when you can! Hope to talk/see you soon!! Luv ya!

Melissa said...

Natalie! What's your email and I'll send you an invite for our personal blog :-) Hope things are going great for you!