Monday, August 11, 2008

Time Flies

I am so bad at keeping up on this blog. I wish I had some pictures to post but our camera is acting up and I completely forgot to bring it with me when I went to see Keith in St. George. He is supposed to take some pictures of the places we went but he's been busy with work so I don't know if we'll ever get any on here. Here's a re-cap of the trip which was a BLAST:

Monday the 4th I flew into Vegas to visit Keith after three weeks of being apart. Keith picked me up in Vegas and took me straight to get some much needed food and do some shopping. We went to the outlets with the intention of looking for cologne for Keith. Keith was sweet enough to take a detour and let me look at the maternity store. He went so far to help me pick out clothes and patiently wait in the dressing room with me as I tried on outfit after outfit. Needless to say, I was the one who went home with shopping bags, not Keith. Later, my sister Nycole and her husband Scott took us to BJ's for some deep dish pizza and to see the "Dark Knight" which we both thought was amazing.
Tuesday, Nycole and I dragged Keith out to do some shopping (I swear I haven't been shopping this much in a long time) which was a lot of fun. Me and Nycole both found some really cute jeans and we rummaged through the baby clothes for quite some time. That night I surprised Keith with tickets to the Blue Man Group for an early birthday present. It was a lot of fun and definitely different. We both liked how small the theater was and appreciated the clean acts. On Wednesday we headed up to St. George to stay with Keith's cousin Becca and her husband Mike. We drove through a pretty good lightening storm which was fun to watch and a little scary when our car hydroplaned a couple times. Thursday we went Jet Skiing with a couple of Keith's friends and got fried despite the sunblock. The water and beach felt amazing though and we had a really good time. Friday was our relaxing day, we just hung out with Mike and Becca. Mike's mom was so sweet and took us all out to lunch and knitted us the cutest little hat and booties. We ate mexican for dinner and let's just say I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Poor Keith was up with me in the middle of the night as I begged for tums and felt my esophogus wear away in a pool of acid. Saturday we walked around the temple grounds and checked out the visitor's center, toured Brigham Young's winter home, played lots of Nintendo, ate some amazing pizza at "2 fat guys pizza", watched some Olympics and relaxed. Sunday we took a tour of the tabernacle on the way out of town then headed back to Vegas to visit some awesome friends- Holly, Kathy, and Mellissa. We loved seeing everyone and really appreciated everyone for letting us into their homes.

Keith and I are meeting up this Saturday in Utah and I finally get to bring him home with me! We are both so grateful for his work but we have hated being apart.

We have been so blessed lately. BYU-I requires most students to complete internships for their majors and Keith and I both needed to find one in order to graduate. I was lucky enough to get one at Targhee Women's Clinic and Keith scored a spot with the free dental clinic here in town. Both should provide plenty of learning opportunities and real world experience. Keith has also heard back from two dental schools- Nova (in Florida) and Case Western (in Ohio). Both have asked him to come for interviews which is really exciting. So our lives this fall will consist of school, internships, flying across the country, and a baby. I think we both feel up to the challenge now and we are anxious to see where life will take us this next semester.

7 comments:

Nycole said...

Yay, you guys get to be together again! Sounds like your trip was fun. Enjoy your break until your busy fall starts.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

wait im confussed! i can't find anywere why he was gone!
why was he gone?
i can't even imagine! that would be so hard!

so after weeks you saw him and then weeks again he finally comes home?


yay on maternity clothes lol
josh hated when i wanted to shop for them lol

Curtis & Ashley said...

Sounds like you did lots of fun things on your trip! You better get that camera working though cuz I'm thinking it's time for some more prego pics! :)

Melly Mae said...

yyyyaaaayyy! i'm so happy everything is going so well!!!! it was so good to se you guys! your hubby is pretty coo!!!! :) can't wait to see ya again!

Joy said...

Sounds like you had a great time Las Vegas. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Eric and Kassi said...

Wow you guys have a lot of really busy months coming your way! Good luck and I hope Keith finds a school he will be happy with. (And not too far away!)

Unknown said...

YOur belly is SO cute!! THat is so exciting about interviews for Florida and Ohio. Keith will make a great dentist. I hope to see you soon :)