
I officially have a foot long baby growing inside of me which is crazy! Keith and I were able to see her kicking tonight, it was really fun to watch my belly as she practiced her soccer skills.
I feel like I need to share an experience I recently had. I read a note written on facebook by a friend from high school who fell away from the LDS church. Appearantly he was really upset with a statement issued by the First Presidency of the church regarding same-sex marriage in California. He ended up twisting the message around and really bashed on the church using previous statements that were made in the 1980's. It made me so sad that he would go out of his way to do something to hurt the church's image and it frustrated me that he cared so much to put that much effort into something he should no longer care about. His note also made me realize how important it is for people to stand up for what they believe in. I hesitated in responding to his note but finally did, defending my beliefs in modern day revelation and the sanctity of families. I don't normally do that but after reading the article in the Ensign on using technology to share our beliefs, I really felt prompted to do so. I would encourage everyone to always "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things and in all places" and to heed the counsel given in the Proclamation to the Family: "we call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society."
On a lighter note, we had an awesome 4th of July weekend with Keith's family. We stayed with Keith's sister Katie and her husband Brandon on Thursday and Friday night. We played so many games and had a blast with them. For the 4th we went to Keith's brother Kirk's house. The boys helped sheetrock the basement while the girl's chatted upstairs. I was able to hold baby Sophie a lot and loved every second of it. She is such a sweet and beautiful baby!
I only have a week and a half of school left. I cannot believe the semester is almost over but I'm so ready for that 7 week break. Keith is debating right now whether or not he should sell pest control these last months of summer. Hopefully we'll decide within the next couple of days whether or not it's worth it.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Random news
Posted by Natalie at 10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
FINALLY!!!
A picture... every week! you better! from now on!
don't you love feeling her? its the best!
You look so great!! Only 16 more weeks!
humm...to sell or not to sell...we are trying to get into petersons point apts. they only have one more spot for fall so i hope we can snag it. we haven't had any luck trying to get in the fall with a four month lease...yikes! do you know where you guys will be living?
We had a great time on the 4th of July too! Thanks for making the trip. Good luck with your last weeks of pregnancy. :)
That is so cool that Shanikawa started kicking while you guys were at our place on the 4th. That's one of the funnest stages--seeing what a soccer player your kid's gonna be.
Keith, thanks again for all your help on the sheetrock. I finished the library, and got halfway through the hallway and theatre room. :)
Post a Comment